About this book
Since the publication of the first edition, there have been advances in both the diagnosis and the management of many of the cholestatic liver diseases. Cholestatic Liver Disease, Second Edition thoroughly updates the topics previously addressed, such as primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, and cholestatic variants of drug hepatotoxicity and viral disease. New treatments, such as the development of the farnesoid X receptor agonists for the treatment of PBC, are highlighted. Current guidelines and areas of uncertainty are also covered. Additionally, new chapters have been added to reflect the changing landscape of cholestatic liver disease.
Cholestatic Liver Disease, Second Edition is a concise yet comprehensive summary of the current status of the field and is of value to clinicians and researchers interested in patients with cholestatic liver disease provide that will help to guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1013-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1012-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1013-7
- Series Print ISSN 2197-7399
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7704
- Buy this book on publisher's site