Table of contents
About this book
Focused on one of the most important and fascinating fields of modern biology, Exocytosis and Endocytosis, Second Edition presents a comprehensive collection of protocols for cutting edge, recently developed methods of studying exocytosis and endocytosis in vitro and in vivo. Divided into four easy-to-follow sections, chapters focus on diverse research topics including cell-free and biochemical assays of exocytosis and endocytosis, probing protein, membrane, and organelle trafficking in cultured cells, and powerful in vivo imaging approaches to investigate different physiological processes involving exocytosis and endocytosis. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Highly practical and clearly written, Exocytosis and Endocytosis, Second Edition will serve both seasoned researchers as well as newcomers to the field and will provide a unique resource and expert guidance to modern laboratory techniques developed for examining protein and membrane trafficking in simple cellular systems and model organisms.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0944-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0943-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0944-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site