About this book
Are you a graduate, postgraduate or PhD student? Are you simply looking for a new job in the private or public sector, in research or industry? If your aim is to produce a professional CV or resume, then this book is for you. Based on interviews with recruiters and HR managers, and an analysis of hundreds of CVs from around 40 different countries, the book is structured as a series of FAQs.
Topics covered include:
- how recruiters and HR people analyse a CV
- whether using a template is a good idea
- the difference between a CV and a resume
- how to present your personal details and whether to include a photo
- how to write an Executive Summary
- what to write in each section (Education, Work Experience, Skills, Personal Interests)
- how to write dates
- how to highlight your language, communication and team skills
- how to get and write references
You will also learn some hints and strategies for writing a:
- cover letter
- LinkedIn profile.
- reference letter
The last chapter of the book contains a simple template to help you get the job of your dreams!
Adrian Wallwork is the author of over 30 books aimed at helping non-native English speakers to communicate more effectively in English. He has published 13 books with Springer Science+Business Media.
Other books in this Professional English series include:
Email and Commercial Correspondence
User Guides, Manuals, and Technical Writing
Meetings, Negotiations, and Socializing
Presentations, Demos, and Training Sessions
Telephone and Helpdesk Skills
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0647-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0646-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0647-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site