Table of contents
About this book
In Vitro Toxicology Systems brings together important issues and considerations needed in order to develop a workable, reliable, integrated testing strategy for the replacement of animals in toxicity testing regimes. This thorough volume includes sections on in vitro models for systemic organ toxicity, neurotoxicity, sensory organs, immunotoxicity and reproductive toxicity and addresses how stem cells may be used going forward. The book also tackles difficult areas of toxicology such as carcinogenicity and nanotoxicology, with additional chapters dedicated to kinetics, metabolism, and in vitro in vivo extrapolation. The book also addresses biological processes such as stress response pathways and mechanistic biomarkers and how these can be uncovered and measured using high content approaches.
Reliable and authoritative, In Vitro Toxicology Systems will be of benefit not only to students, scientists, and regulators working in the field of chemical safety assessment but also to a wider scientific audience.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0521-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0520-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0521-8
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- Buy this book on publisher's site