Table of contents
About this book
This comprehensive interdisciplinary synthesis focuses on the clinical and occupational intervention processes enabling workers to return to their jobs and sustain employment after injury or serious illness as well as ideas for improving the wide range of outcomes of entry and re-entry into the workplace. Information is accessible along key theoretical, research, and interventive lines, emphasizing a palette of evidence-informed approaches to return to work and stay at work planning and implementation, in the context of disability prevention. Condition-specific chapters detail best return to work and stay at work practices across diverse medical and psychological diagnoses, from musculoskeletal disorders to cancer, from TBI to PTSD. The resulting collection bridges the gap between research evidence and practice and gives readers necessary information from a range of critical perspectives.
Among the featured topics:
- Understanding motivation to return to work: economy of gains and losses.
- Overcoming barriers to return to work: behavioral and cultural change.
- Program evaluation in return to work: an integrative framework.
- Working with stakeholders in return to work processes.
- Return to work after major limb loss.
- Improving work outcomes among cancer survivors.
The Handbook of Return to Work is an invaluable, unique and comprehensive resource for health, rehabilitation, clinical, counselling and industrial psychologists, rehabilitation specialists, occupational and physical therapists, family and primary care physicians, psychiatrists and physical medicine and rehabilitation as well as occupational medicine specialists, case and disability managers and human resource professionals. Academics and researchers across these fields will also find expert guidance and direction in these pages. It is an essential reading for all return to work and stay at work stakeholders.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Return to Work
- Book Subtitle From Research to Practice
Izabela Z. Schultz
Robert J. Gatchel
- Series Title Handbooks in Health, Work, and Disability
- Series Abbreviated Title Handbooks in Health, Work, and Disability
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4899-7627-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4899-7626-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4899-7817-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4899-7627-7
- Series ISSN 2198-7084
- Series E-ISSN 2198-7092
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 721
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Occupational Medicine/Industrial Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site