About this book
The Second Edition of the Handbook of Adolescent Behavioral Problems clarifies the current state of treatment and prevention through comprehensive examinations of mental disorders and dysfunctional behaviors as well as the varied forces affecting their development. New or revised chapters offer a basic framework for approaching mental health concerns in youth and provide the latest information on how conditions (e.g., bipolar disorder, suicidality, and OCD) and behaviors (e.g., sex offenses, gang activities, dating violence, and self-harm) manifest in adolescents. Each chapter offers diagnostic guidance, up-to-date findings on prevalence, biological/genetic aspects, risk and resilience factors, and a practical review of prevention and treatment methods. Best-practice recommendations clearly differentiate among what works, what might work, what doesn't work, and what needs further research across modalities, including pharmacotherapy.
Key topics addressed include:
- Families and adolescent development.
- Adolescent mental health and the DSM-5.
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder.
- Autism spectrum disorder.
- Media and technology addiction.
- School failure versus school success.
- Bullying and cyberbullying.
The Second Edition of the Handbook of Adolescent Behavior Problems is a must-have reference for researchers, clinicians, allied practitioners and professionals, and graduate students in school and clinical child psychology, education, pediatrics, psychiatry, social work, school counseling, and public health.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4899-7497-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4899-7496-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4899-7497-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors