About this book
Evolve your traditional intranet platform into a next-generation digital workspace with this comprehensive book. Through in-depth coverage of strategies, methods, and case studies, you will learn how to design and build an employee experience platform (EXP) for improved employee productivity, engagement, and collaboration.
In Build a Next-Generation Digital Workplace, author Dr. Shailesh Kumar Shivakumar takes you through the advantages of EXPs and shows you how to successfully implement one in your organization. This book provides extensive coverage of topics such as EXP design, user experience, content strategy, integration, EXP development, collaboration, and EXP governance. Real-world case studies are also presented to explore practical applications.Employee experience platforms play a vital role in engaging, empowering, and retaining the employees of an organization. Next-generation workplaces demand constant innovation and responsiveness, and this book readies you to fulfill that need with an employee experience platform.
- Understand key design elements of EXP, including the visual design, EXP strategy, EXP transformation themes, information architecture, and navigation design.
- Gain insights into end-to-end EXP topics needed to successfully design, implement, and maintain next-generation digital workplace platforms.
- Study methods used in the EXP lifecycle, such as requirements and design, development, governance, and maintenance
- Execute the main steps involved in digital transformation of legacy intranet platforms to EXP.
- Discover emerging trends in digital workplace such as gamification, machine-led operations model and maintenance model, employee-centric design (including persona based design and employee journey mapping), cloud transformation, and design transformation.
- Comprehend proven methods for legacy Intranet modernization, collaboration, solution validation, migration, and more.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-5512-4
- Copyright Information Shailesh Kumar Shivakumar 2020
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-5511-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-5512-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site