About this book
Design, build, and justify an optimal Microsoft IoT footprint to meet your project needs. This book describes common Internet of Things components and architecture and then focuses on Microsoft’s Azure components relevant in deploying these solutions.
Microsoft-specific topics addressed include: deploying edge devices and pushing intelligence to the edge; connecting IoT devices to Azure and landing data there, applying Azure Machine Learning, analytics, and Cognitive Services; roles for Microsoft solution accelerators and managed solutions; and integration of the Azure footprint with legacy infrastructure.
The book concludes with a discussion of best practices in defining and developing solutions and creating a plan for success.
- Design the right IoT architecture to deliver solutions for a variety of project needs
- Connect IoT devices to Azure for data collection and delivery of services
- Use Azure Machine Learning and Cognitive Services to deliver intelligence in cloud-based solutions and at the edge
- Understand the benefits and tradeoffs of Microsoft's solution accelerators and managed solutions
- Investigate new use cases that are described and apply best practices in deployment strategies
- Integrate cutting-edge Azure deployments with existing legacy data sources
Internet of Things IoT Microsoft Azure IoT Edge Devices Edge Computing Sensors Predictive Maintenance Remote Monitoring Connected Factory Lambda Architecture IoT Cloud Infrastructure IoT Accelerators Cognitive Services Machine Learning Managed Solutions
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-5470-7
- Copyright Information Robert Stackowiak 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-5469-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-5470-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site