About this book
In Keeping Your AI Under Control, author Anand Tamboli explores the inherent risk factors of the widespread implementation of artificial intelligence. The author delves into several real-life case studies of AI gone wrong, including Microsoft’s 2016 chatbot disaster, Uber’s autonomous vehicle fatally wounding a pedestrian, and an entire smart home in Germany dangerously malfunctioning because of one bad light bulb. He expertly addresses the need to challenge our current assumptions about the infallibility of technology.
The importance of data governance, rigorous testing before roll-out, a chain of human accountability, ethics, and much more are all detailed in Keeping Your AI Under Control. Artificial intelligence will not solve all of our problems for good, but it can (and will) present us with new solutions. These solutions can only be achieved with proper planning, continued maintenance, and above all, a foundation of attuned human supervision.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-5467-7
- Copyright Information Anand Tamboli 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-5466-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-5467-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site