About this book
Focus on the security aspects of designing, building, and maintaining a secure Oracle Database application. Starting with data encryption, you will learn to work with transparent data, back-up, and networks. You will then go through the key principles of audits, where you will get to know more about identity preservation, policies and fine-grained audits. Moving on to virtual private databases, you’ll set up and configure a VPD to work in concert with other security features in Oracle, followed by tips on managing configuration drift, profiles, and default users.
Shifting focus to coding, you will take a look at secure coding standards, multi-schema database models, code-based access control, and SQL injection. Finally, you’ll cover single sign-on (SSO), and will be introduced to Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Oracle Access Manager (OAM), and Oracle Identity Management (OIM) by installing and configuring them to meet your needs.
Oracle databases hold the majority of the world’s relational data, and are attractive targets for attackers seeking high-value targets for data theft. Compromise of a single Oracle Database can result in tens of millions of breached records costing millions in breach-mitigation activity. This book gets you ready to avoid that nightmare scenario.
- Work with Oracle Internet Directory using the command-line and the console
- Integrate Oracle Access Manager with different applications
- Work with the Oracle Identity Manager console and connectors, while creating your own custom one
- Troubleshooting issues with OID, OAM, and OID
- Dive deep into file system and network security concepts
security OIM OAM OID database audit encryption network SSO
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-5367-0
- Copyright Information Osama Mustafa, Robert P. Lockard 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-5366-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-5367-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site