About this book
Pro Azure Governance and Security offers a comprehensive look at the governance features available with Microsoft Azure and demonstrates how to integrate them with your hybrid and Azure environments, drawing on the author's experiences from years in the field. Learn about the array of controls implemented within Microsoft Azure from two valuable perspectives: the customer and Microsoft operations.
Beginning with the top-level subscription hierarchy, learn about the most important built-in Azure security services and features, as well as how to use Azure Policies and Blueprints as a means for security and governance. A series of hands-on exercises teaches you the concepts of Azure Governance: how to enable and deploy Azure Security Center, integrate RBAC (role-based access control), and set up Azure Operations and Monitoring. Get introduced to the new Azure Sentinel solution that offers SIEM as a service for security incident management and proactive hunting.
- Understand different architectural designs for implementing Azure Security
- Operate and monitor an Azure environment
- Deploy Azure Governance, Policies, and Blueprints
- Discover key Azure features that enhance security
- Implement and confidently access Azure Security Center
- Get to know Azure Sentinel
This book is for technical engineers, consultants, solution and cloud architects, IT managers, and SecOps teams who need to understand how to integrate governance, security, and compliance in hybrid and Azure environments. A basic understanding of Azure or other public cloud platforms is beneficial, but not required.
Peter De Tender is CEO and Lead Technical Trainer at 007FFFLearning. He has more than 20 years of professional experience in Microsoft infrastructure as a consultant, architect, and trainer and has most recently focused on Microsoft Cloud technologies. Based in Belgium, appreciates teaching others in fun and engaging ways, with a passion for providing readiness workshops on Azure. He is a Microsoft Azure MVP, MCT, and speaker. He tweets @pdtit and @007FFFLearning.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4910-9
- Copyright Information Peter De Tender, David Rendon, Samuel Erskine 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-4909-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-4910-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site