About this book
Become a more productive programmer by leveraging the newest features available to you in C#. This book highlights the new language features available to you and how to use these and other tools such as Bootstrap, SCSS, and jQuery to enhance your web applications.
Exploring Advanced Features in C# starts with some of the new features of C# 7 such as how to implement local functions, tuples and generalized async return types. The book also looks at C# 8, where the author demonstrates how to implement nullable reference types, recursive patterns, ranges, indicies, switch expressions, and many more. Next, you go through some of the distinct features of C# that might often be overlooked such as generics, asynchronous programming, and dynamic types. The author demonstrates how to implement these features through clear and concise examples.
Next, you’ll discuss creating responsive web applications using ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) where you’ll learn how to combine Bootstrap with jQuery and SCSS to create interactive web applications with a great-looking, user-friendly UI. Moving forward, you will create and run applications on the latest .NET Core version 3.0 as well as explore some of the features of .NET Core 3.0. Finally, you will go through the tips and tricks of Visual Studio 2019 that make you more productive.
After reading the book, you will be able to implement new features available in C# and learn how to enhance your application development using ASP.NET MVC and .NET Core.
- Implement the new features available in C# 7
- Enhance your web applications using ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap, SCSS, and jQuery
- See what C# 8 has to offer with clear code examples
- Create and run applications in .NET Core 3.0
C# 7 C#8 jQuery ASP.NET MVC Bootstrap SCSS SASS Visual Studio Advanced C# Advanced C# features
- Book Title Exploring Advanced Features in C#
- Book Subtitle Enhance Your Code and Productivity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4856-0
- Copyright Information Dirk Strauss 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-4855-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-4856-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 288
- Number of Illustrations 192 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Microsoft and .NET
Programming Languages, Compilers, Interpreters
- Buy this book on publisher's site