About this book
Learn how to build a design system framed within the context of your specific business needs. This book guides you through the process of defining a design language that can be understood across teams, while also establishing communication strategies for how to sell your system to key stakeholders and other contributors.
With a defined set of components and guidelines, designers can focus their efforts on solving user needs rather than recreating elements and reinventing solutions. You'll learn how to use an interface inventory to surface inconsistencies and inefficient solutions, as well as how to establish a component library by documenting existing patterns and creating new ones. You'll also see how the creation of self-documenting styles and components will streamline your UX process.
Building Design Systems provides critical insights into how to set up a design system within your organization, measure the effectiveness of that system, and maintain it over time. You will develop the skills needed to approach your design process systematically, ensuring that your design system achieves the purpose of your organization, your product, and your team.
- Book Title Building Design Systems
- Book Subtitle Unify User Experiences through a Shared Design Language
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4514-9
- Copyright Information Sarrah Vesselov and Taurie Davis 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-4513-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-4514-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 144
- Number of Illustrations 30 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site