Build Android apps and learn the essentials of the popular Kotlin programming language and APIs. This book will teach you the key Kotlin skills and techniques important for creating your very own Android apps. Apart from introducing Kotlin programming, Learn Kotlin for Android Development stresses clean code principles and introduces object-oriented and functional programming as a starting point for developing Android apps.
After reading and using this book, you'll have a foundation to take away and apply to your own Kotlin-based Android app development. You'll be able to write useful and efficient Kotlin-based apps for Android, using most of the features Kotlin as a language has to offer.
- Build your first Kotlin app that runs on Android
- Work with Kotlin classes and objects for Android
- Use constructs, loops, decisions, and scopes
- Carry out operations on data
- Master data containers, arrays, and collections
- Handle exceptions and access external libraries