About this book
Explore and apply best practices for efficient application deployment. This book draws upon author Moshe Zadka's years of Dev Ops experience and focuses on the parts of Python, and the Python ecosystem, that are relevant for DevOps engineers.
You'll start by writing command-line scripts and automating simple DevOps-style tasks. You'll then move on to more advanced cases, like using Jupyter as an auditable remote-control panel, and writing Ansible and Salt extensions. This work also covers how to use the AWS API to manage cloud infrastructure, and how to manage Python programs and environments on remote machines.
Python was invented as a systems management language for distributed operating systems, which makes it an ideal tool for DevOps. Assuming a basic understanding of Python concepts, this book is perfect for engineers who want to move from operations/system administration into coding.
Systems Unix Linux Docker Automation Infrastructure as Code Systems Administration Site Reliability Engineering Jupyter Requests Testing Ansible Salt Cloud computing Python DevOps
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4433-3
- Copyright Information Moshe Zadka 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-4432-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-4433-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site