About this book
Gain concepts central to smartwatch design, editing and animation correction using the popular open source Galaxy Watch Designer software package. This visual guide builds upon the essential concepts of smartwatch design, decoration, digital imaging, animation, function integration, and visual effects, and gets more advanced as chapters progress, covering which digital new media file formats (JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.) are best for use with smartwatch design.
Smart Watch Design Fundamentals also covers key factors in the data footprint optimization work process, designing and optimizing animation assets, and why these optimizations are important. Additionally, the book covers other advanced topics such as how to provide free smartwatch faces for the first few days on the smartwatch store, and how to post watchface designs for sale in the store.
What You'll Learn:
- Create a smartwatch design and visual effects pipeline
- Gain knowledge of the concepts behind smartwatch design
- Work with resolution, aspect ratio, animation, and color depth
- Use smartwatch design components such as ticks, numerals, feature markers, dates, etc.
- Optimizing digital image asset data footprint to create small smartwatch design file sizes
Who This Book Is For:
This book is primarily for smart watch and fashion designers.
Smart Watch Watch Face Galaxy Watch Components SmartWatch Design Graphics Design Digital Imaging SmartWatch Animation Feature Design WatchFace Design Wearable Design
- Book Title SmartWatch Design Fundamentals
- Book Subtitle WatchFace Design for Samsung Galaxy SmartWatches
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4369-5
- Copyright Information Wallace Jackson 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-4368-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-4369-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 446
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 345 illustrations in colour
Hardware and Maker
- Buy this book on publisher's site