About this book
Gain the techniques and tools that enable a smooth and efficient software development process in this quick and practical guide on Python continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD). Based on example applications, this book introduces various kinds of testing and shows you how to set up automated systems that run these tests, and install applications in different environments in controlled ways. Python Continuous Integration and Delivery tackles the technical problems related to software development that are typically glossed over in pure programming texts.
After reading this book, you’ll see that in today's fast-moving world, no software project can afford to go through development, then an integration phase of unpredictable length and complexity, and finally be shipped to the customer -- just to find out that the resulting application didn't quite fill their need. Instead, you’ll discover that practicing continuous integration and continuous delivery reduces the risks by keeping changes small and automating otherwise painful processes.
- Carry out various kinds of testing, including unit testing and continuous integration testing, of your Python code using Jenkins
- Build packages and manage repositories
- Incorporate Ansible and Go for automated packaging and other deployments
- Manage more complex and robust deployments
Python Continuous integration delivery deployment programming software code source CI CD Jenkins Ansible DevOps
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4281-0
- Copyright Information Moritz Lenz 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-4280-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-4281-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site