About this book
Create a fully working multiplayer game from scratch using TypeScript, Socket.io, and the community edition of Phaser.js. You will achieve amazing feats in the browser without having to install any software. This book teaches you how to use the Phaser game engine APIs to tap into physics, and how to utilize HUD information and fire lasers.
Let’s Build a Multiplayer Phaser Game dives into the details to show you how to create a multiplayer game from beginning to end. Once you have finished this book, you will be well versed in creating not only a game, but also an application that you can extend with new functionality to enjoy with your friends.
What You'll Learn:
- Discover the ins and outs of Socket.io for real-time web communication
- Use TypeScript to allow your project to be typed and self-documenting
- See how gaming mechanics work to make a game entertaining
- Get a deeper understanding of how to structure your working directory and your code
- Scale what you have created
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4249-0
- Copyright Information Oscar Lodriguez 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-4248-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-4249-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site