About this book
Leverage Xamarin.Forms to build iOS and Android apps using a single, cross-platform approach. This book is the XAML companion to the C# guide Xamarin Mobile Application Development.
You'll begin with an overview of Xamarin.Forms, then move on to an in-depth XAML (eXtensible Application Markup Language) primer covering syntax, namespaces, markup extensions, constructors, and the XAML standard. XAML provides both the power of decoupled UI development and the direct use of Xamarin.Forms elements. Explore the core of the Xamarin.Forms mobile app UI: using layouts and FrameLayouts to position controls and views to design and build screens, formatting your UI using resource dictionaries, styles, themes and CSS, then coding user interactions with behaviors, commands, and triggers.
You'll see how to use XAML to build sophisticated, robust cross-platform mobile apps and help your user get around your app using Xamarin.Forms navigation patterns. Building Xamarin.Forms Mobile Apps Using XAML explains how to bind UI to data models using data binding and using the MVVM pattern, and how to customize UI elements for each platform using industry-standard menus, effects, custom renderers, and native view declaration.
- Book Title Building Xamarin.Forms Mobile Apps Using XAML
- Book Subtitle Mobile Cross-Platform XAML and Xamarin.Forms Fundamentals
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4030-4
- Copyright Information Dan Hermes 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-4029-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-4030-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVIII, 426
- Number of Illustrations 117 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Microsoft and .NET
Programming Languages, Compilers, Interpreters
- Buy this book on publisher's site