About this book
Understand the key challenges and solutions around building microservices in the enterprise application environment. This book provides a comprehensive understanding of microservices architectural principles and how to use microservices in real-world scenarios.
Architectural challenges using microservices with service integration and API management are presented and you learn how to eliminate the use of centralized integration products such as the enterprise service bus (ESB) through the use of composite/integration microservices. Concepts in the book are supported with use cases, and emphasis is put on the reality that most of you are implementing in a “brownfield” environment in which you must implement microservices alongside legacy applications with minimal disruption to your business.
Microservices for the Enterprise covers state-of-the-art techniques around microservices messaging, service development and description, service discovery, governance, and data management technologies and guides you through the microservices design process. Also included is the importance of organizing services as core versus atomic, composite versus integration, and API versus edge, and how such organization helps to eliminate the use of a central ESB and expose services through an API gateway.
What You'll Learn:
- Design and develop microservices architectures with confidence
- Put into practice the most modern techniques around messaging technologies
- Apply the Service Mesh pattern to overcome inter-service communication challenges
- Apply battle-tested microservices security patterns to address real-world scenarios
- Handle API management, decentralized data management, and observability
Microservices ESB Enterprise Service Bus Servicemesh Service Mesh Containers Docker Kubernetes Service Registry Service Discovery Microservices Security Distributed Tracing API Gateway Layer Reactive Microservices Composite Services Edge Services gRPC Kafka AMQP WebSockets
- Book Title Microservices for the Enterprise
- Book Subtitle Designing, Developing, and Deploying
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3858-5
- Copyright Information Kasun Indrasiri and Prabath Siriwardena 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-3857-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-3858-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 422
- Number of Illustrations 134 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site