About this book
Learn the key differences between containers and virtual machines. Adopting a project based approach, this book introduces you to a simple Python application to be developed and containerized with Docker.
After an introduction to Containers and Docker you'll be guided through Docker installation and configuration. You'll also learn basic functions and commands used in Docker by running a simple container using Docker commands.
The book then moves on to developing a Python based Messaging Bot using required libraries and virtual environment where you'll add Docker Volumes to your project, ensuring your container data is safe.
You'll create a database container and link your project to it and finally, bring up the Bot-associated database all at once with Docker Compose.
docker python devops containers build release deploy volumes compose
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3784-7
- Copyright Information Sathyajith Bhat 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3783-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3784-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site