About this book
First you will learn the fundamentals of NATS such as its design, protocol and the styles of communications it enables, internals of the NATS clients, and how to use the basic API provided by all the official clients. You will also understand how to setup and configure NATS servers using the configuration file.
Next you'll work with real-world projects and see how to develop a production-ready cloud native application using NATS as the control plane over which clients communicate. Finally you’ll learn advanced usage of the NATS clients, such as implementing heartbeats based failure detectors, tracing or collecting multiple responses from a single request.
Perhaps you are familiar with REST-style APIs, and want to make the transition into a messaging-based approach instead. Practical NATS is the perfect place to start.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3570-6
- Copyright Information Waldemar Quevedo 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3569-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3570-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site