About this book
Use this practical guide to successfully handle the challenges encountered when designing an enterprise data lake and learn industry best practices to resolve issues.
When designing an enterprise data lake you often hit a roadblock when you must leave the comfort of the relational world and learn the nuances of handling non-relational data. Starting from sourcing data into the Hadoop ecosystem, you will go through stages that can bring up tough questions such as data processing, data querying, and security. Concepts such as change data capture and data streaming are covered. The book takes an end-to-end solution approach in a data lake environment that includes data security, high availability, data processing, data streaming, and more.
Each chapter includes application of a concept, code snippets, and use case demonstrations to provide you with a practical approach. You will learn the concept, scope, application, and starting point.
What You'll Learn:
- Get to know data lake architecture and design principles
- Implement data capture and streaming strategies
- Implement data processing strategies in Hadoop
- Understand the data lake security framework and availability model
datalake bigdata streaming replication data management data lake enterprise
- Book Title Practical Enterprise Data Lake Insights
- Book Subtitle Handle Data-Driven Challenges in an Enterprise Big Data Lake
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3522-5
- Copyright Information Saurabh Gupta, Venkata Giri 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-3521-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-3522-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 327
- Number of Illustrations 90 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site