About this book
Be guided through the techniques to back up and restore databases and files in SQL Server. Multiple techniques are presented for ensuring the integrity and consistency of database backups, as well as the reliability and manageability of restoring from backups.
In today’s data-driven world, the most important asset that a company has is its data. Data recovery strategies can be wide ranging; from the practically non-existent backup without verification to a very complex, distributed, and redundant system. An important objective for any database administrator is data loss prevention, and in a catastrophic data loss event, pre-defined data recovery techniques must be employed in order to get the databases back up and running efficiently and quickly.
Using a tutorial method of teaching, Beginning Backup and Restore for SQL Server explores the many facets behind the principles of backing up and restoring data from your database, and then shows practical application methods for getting the work done quickly and correctly. This book is an essential guide toward discovering the correct path to protecting the data for your organization.
What You'll Learn:
- Be instructed on backup and restore techniques and principles
- Understand the importance of a fully implemented backup plan in SQL Server Agent
- Integrate backup and restore techniques into an existing environment
- Consider space and time requirements for backup and restore operations
- Master the principles for common deployment types
Disaster Recovery Data Protection SQL Server Agent Incremental backups Transaction log backups Differential Backup and Restore Transaction log recovery Data Archives Data Loss Prevention
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3456-3
- Copyright Information Bradley Beard 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3455-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3456-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site