About this book
Learn the main features of Azure Cosmos DB and how to use Microsoft’s multi-modal database service as a data store for mission-critical applications. The clear examples help in writing your own applications to take advantage of Cosmos DB’s multi-modal, globally distributed, elastic database. Simple step-by-step instructions show how to resolve common and uncommon scenarios involving Azure Cosmos DB, and scenarios such as delivering extremely low response times (in the order of milliseconds), and scaling rapidly and globally.
Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Revealed demonstrates a multitude of possible implementations to get you started. This book guides you toward best practices to get the most out of Microsoft’s Cosmos DB service. Later chapters in the book cover advanced implementation features, helping you master important elements such as securing the database, querying, and using various APIs.
What You'll Learn:
- Set up a development environment to work with Azure Cosmos DB
- Configure Azure Cosmos DB in a production environment with multi-region distribution
- Work with the Azure Cosmos DB.NET SDK in an application you built
- Access Cosmos DB from web applications created in .NET
DocumentDB MongoDB NoSQL Cosmos DB Graph Azure Table Storage Gremlin JSON Azure Apache Spark Azure Machine Learning Multi-mode database Global database regions Automatic failover
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3351-1
- Copyright Information José Rolando Guay Paz 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3350-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3351-1
- About this book