About this book
Imagine an app that describes to the visually impaired the objects around them, or reads the Sunday paper, a favorite magazine, or a street sign. Or an app that is capable of monitoring what is happening inside an area without human control, and then makes a decision based on interpreting an occurrence detected with a live camera. This book teaches developers Microsoft's Computer Vision APIs, a service capable of understanding and interpreting the content of any image.Author Del Sole begins by providing a succinct “need to know” overview of the service with descriptions. You then learn from hands-on demonstrations that show how basic C# code examples can be re-used across platforms. From there you will be guided through two different kinds of applications that interact with the service in two different ways: the more common means of calling a REST service to get back JSON data, and via the .NET libraries that Microsoft has been building to simplify the job (this latter one with Xamarin).
What You’ll Learn
- Understand AI’s role and how devices and applications use sophisticated algorithms to improve people’s lives and business tasks.
- Analyze images for Optical Character Recognition to detect written words and sentences
- Think about the next-generation applications in relation to your customers’ needs
- Get up-to-speed on the latest version of the Computer Vision service, which now comes through Azure
- Set up an Azure subscription in order to access the Cognitive Services within the portal
Who This Book Is For
Developers just getting familiar with artificial intelligence. A minimal knowledge of C# is required.
- Book Title Microsoft Computer Vision APIs Distilled
- Book Subtitle Getting Started with Cognitive Services
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3342-9
- Copyright Information Alessandro Del Sole 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-3341-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-3342-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 90
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 31 illustrations in colour
Microsoft and .NET
- Buy this book on publisher's site