About this book
Discover all the new features and changes in Java 9, including module systems—JPMS or Project Jigsaw. This book covers the whole Java application development life cycle. You'll review all the important concepts, including module descriptor, unnamed module, automatic module, and command line tools.
Exploring Java 9 also serves as a practical guide for migration to module systems. Code samples from real-world scenarios solidify a foundation for learning and development and allow you to apply best practices in actual development.
Additionally, you'll learn about concurrency, ECMAScript 6 features in Nashorn and Parser API, stack-walking API, Stream and Optional, utilities classes, and I/O. And it’s now possible to build modularized applications in Java. You'll see how JPMS affects not only the JDK itself, but also applications that are developed upon it.
Java 9 Project Jigsaw JPMS Jshell Reactive stream in Java variable handle platform logging API ECMAScript 6 in Nashorn java module system
- Book Title Exploring Java 9
- Book Subtitle Build Modularized Applications in Java
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3330-6
- Copyright Information Fu Cheng 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-3329-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-3330-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 174
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 9 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site