About this book
Familiarize yourself with Octave using this concise, practical tutorial that is focused on writing code to learn concepts. Starting from the basics, this book covers array-based computing, plotting, and working with files in Octave, which can run MATLAB files without modification. Introduction to Octave is useful for industry engineers, researchers, and students who are looking for open-source solutions for numerical computation.
In this book you will learn by doing, avoiding technical jargon, which makes the concepts easy to learn. First you’ll see how to run basic calculations, absorbing technical complexities incrementally as you progress toward advanced topics. Throughout, the language is kept simple to ensure that readers at all levels can grasp the concepts.
- Apply sample code to your engineering or science problems
- Work with Octave arrays, functions, and loops
- Use Octave’s plotting functions for data visualization
- Solve numerical computing and computational engineering problems with Octave
Octave open source numerical engineers scientist science programming software application source code MATLAB computational
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3201-9
- Copyright Information Sandeep Nagar 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3200-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3201-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site