About this book
There is no one silver bullet to provide the protection you need against all vectors and stages of an attack. And while some new and innovative solutions will help protect against or detect the initial infection, they are not guaranteed to stop 100% of malicious activity. The volume and frequency of privilege-based attacks continues to increase and test the limits of existing security controls and solution implementations.
Privileged Attack Vectors details the risks associated with poor privilege management, the techniques that hackers and insiders leverage, and the defensive measures that organizations must adopt to protect against a breach, protect against lateral movement, and improve the ability to detect hacker activity or insider threats in order to mitigate the impact.
What You’ll Learn:
- Know how identities, credentials, passwords, and exploits can be leveraged to escalate privileges during an attack
- Implement defensive and auditing strategies to mitigate the threats and risk
- Understand a 12-step privileged access management Implementation plan
- Consider deployment and scope, including risk, auditing, regulations, and oversight solutions
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3048-0
- Copyright Information Morey J. Haber and Brad Hibbert 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3047-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3048-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site