About this book
Quickly ramp up your practical knowledge of Apache JMeter for software performance testing and focus on actual business problems. This step-by-step guide covers what you will need to know to write and execute test scripts, and verify the results.
Pro Apache JMeter covers almost every aspect of Apache JMeter in detail and includes helpful screenshots and a case study. A performance primer chapter provides a high-level summary of terms used in performance testing on a day-to-day basis that also is useful for non-technical readers.
A sample web application Digital Toys has been developed and test scripts are provided for you to try while progressing through the chapters.
What You'll Learn:
- Create and execute an Apache JMeter test plan
- Interpret the results of your test plan
- Understand distributed testing using Apache JMeter
- Use Apache JMeter advanced features such as JDBC, REST, FTP, AJAX, SOAP, and mobile performance testing
- Read a sample case study covering end-to-end planning and execution of a performance testing project
- Generate and analyze a performance dashboard
- Book Title Pro Apache JMeter
- Book Subtitle Web Application Performance Testing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2961-3
- Copyright Information Sai Matam and Jagdeep Jain 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-2960-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-2961-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 335
- Number of Illustrations 7 b/w illustrations, 301 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site