About this book
Learn the basics of Java 9, including basic programming concepts and the object-oriented fundamentals necessary at all levels of Java development. Author Kishori Sharan walks you through writing your first Java program step-by-step. Armed with that practical experience, you'll be ready to learn the core of the Java language.Beginning Java 9 Fundamentals provides over 90 diagrams and 240 complete programs to help you learn the topics faster.
The book continues with a series of foundation topics, including using data types, working with operators, and writing statements in Java. These basics lead onto the heart of the Java language: object-oriented programming. By learning topics such as classes, objects, interfaces, and inheritance you'll have a good understanding of
Java's object-oriented model.
The final collection of topics takes what you've learned and turns you into a real Java programmer. You'll see how to take the power of object-oriented programming and write programs that can handle errors and exceptions, process strings and dates, format data, and work with arrays to manipulate data.
This book is a companion to two other books also by Sharan focusing on APIs and advanced Java topics.
- Write your first Java programs with an emphasis on learning object-oriented programming in Java
- Work with data types, operators, statements, classes and objects
- Handle exceptions, assertions, strings and dates, and object formatting
- Use regular expressions
- Work with arrays, interfaces, enums, and inheritance
- Deploy Java applications on memory-constrained devices using compact profiles
- Take advantage of the new JShell REPL tool
java oop programming objects software modules syntax language arrays data types regex regular expressions
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2902-6
- Copyright Information Kishori Sharan 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2843-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2902-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site