About this book
Learn how to manipulate functions and expressions to modify how the R language interprets itself. This book is an introduction to metaprogramming in the R language, so you will write programs to manipulate other programs. Metaprogramming in R shows you how to treat code as data that you can generate, analyze, or modify.
R is a very high-level language where all operations are functions and all functions are data that can be manipulated. This book shows you how to leverage R's natural flexibility in how function calls and expressions are evaluated, to create small domain-specific languages to extend R within the R language itself.
- Find out about the anatomy of a function in R
- Look inside a function call
- Work with R expressions and environments
- Manipulate expressions in R
- Use substitutions
metaprogramming R programming meta code statistics technique software
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2881-4
- Copyright Information Thomas Mailund 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2880-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2881-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site