About this book
Understand Blender's Python API to allow for precision 3D modeling and add-on development. Follow detailed guidance on how to create precise geometries, complex texture mappings, optimized renderings, and much more.
This book is a detailed, user-friendly guide to understanding and using Blender’s Python API for programmers and 3D artists. Blender is a popular open source 3D modeling software used in advertising, animation, data visualization, physics simulation, photorealistic rendering, and more. Programmers can produce extremely complex and precise models that would be impossible to replicate by hand, while artists enjoy numerous new community-built add-ons.
The Blender Python API is an unparalleled programmable visualization environment. Using the API is made difficult due to its complex object hierarchy and vast documentation. The Blender Python API clearly explains the interface. You will become familiar with data structures and low-level concepts in both modeling and rendering with special attention given to optimizing procedurally generated models. In addition, the book:
- Discusses modules of the API as analogs to human input modes in Blender
- Reviews low-level and data-level manipulation of 3D objects in Blender Python
- Details how to deploy and extend projects with external libraries
- Provides organized utilities of novel and mature API abstractions for general use in add-on development
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2802-9
- Copyright Information Chris Conlan 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2801-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2802-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site