About this book
Get a gentle introduction to the Cocos2d-JS framework to begin working with sprite manipulations, animations, and other 2d game development topics. This book covers environment setup and getting started with a framework that works seamlessly across all browsers. Rapid Game Development Using Cocos2d-JS teaches you the overall architecture of Cocos2d-JS and explains the internal working of the framework.
You will dive deep into sprites, the most important entity in Cocos2d-JS, animation APIs, and primitive shapes. You’ll also learn about the Cocos2d-JS UI system to get a head start in 2d game development. Finally, you’ll discover the features of Chipmunk (the built-in physics engine) with full examples.
- Get a simple head start in Cocos2d-JS
- Gain an architectural overview of the different blocks of the framework
- Master sprites, spritesheets, and frame animation
- Work with the event system in Cocos2d-JS
- Discover the animation APIs in Cocos2d-JS
- Leverage the built-in physics engine
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2553-0
- Copyright Information Hemanth Kumar 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2552-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2553-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site