About this book
Get your first Android apps up and running with the help of plain English and practical examples. If you have a great idea for an Android app, but have never programmed before, then this book is for you. Android Apps for Absolute Beginners cuts through the fog of jargon and mystery that surrounds Android app development, and gives you simple, step-by-step instructions to get you started.
This book teaches Android application development in language anyone can understand, giving you the best possible start in Android development. It provides clean, straightforward examples that make learning easy, allowing you to pick up the concepts without fuss. It offers clear code descriptions and layout so that you can get your apps running as soon as possibleAlthough this book covers what's new in Android 7, it is also backwards compatible to cover some of the previous Android releases.
- Download, install, and configure the latest software needed for Android app development
- Work efficiently using an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Build useful, attractive applications and get them working immediately
- Create apps with ease using XML markup and drag-and-drop graphical layout editors
- Use new media and graphics to skin your app so that it has maximum appeal
- Create advanced apps combining XML, Java and new media content
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2268-3
- Copyright Information Wallace Jackson 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2267-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2268-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site