About this book
Protect your data from attack by using SQL Server technologies to implement a defense-in-depth strategy for your database, consisting of multiple layers of protection. Learn to perform threat analysis, and to encrypt sensitive data as a last line of defense against compromise. The multi-layered approach in this book helps ensure that a single breach doesn't lead to loss or compromise of your data that is confidential and important to the business.
Database professionals in today's world deal increasingly often with repeated data attacks against high-profile organizations and sensitive data. It is more important than ever to keep your company’s data secure. Securing SQL Server demonstrates how administrators and developers can both play their part in the protection of a SQL Server environment.
This book provides a comprehensive technical guide to the security model, and to encryption within SQL Server, including coverage of the latest security technologies such as Always Encrypted, Dynamic Data Masking, and Row Level Security. Most importantly, the book gives practical advice and engaging examples on how to defend your data -- and ultimately your job! -- against attack and compromise.
- Covers the latest security technologies, including Always Encrypted, Dynamic Data Masking, and Row Level Security
- Promotes security best-practice and strategies for defense-in-depth of business-critical database assets
- Gives advice on performing threat analysis and reducing the attack surface that your database presents to the outside world
Encryption Auditing Security auditing Hardening the Database Hardening Threat analysis Countermeasures Server Roles Credentials Database Audit Row-Level Security Data Masking Impersonation Ownership Chaining Transparent Data Encryption Public Key Certificates
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2265-2
- Copyright Information Peter A. Carter 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2264-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2265-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site