Table of contents
About this book
This book is your field guide to planning, deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Always On Availability Groups. The Always On Availability Groups feature is an enterprise-level solution for high availability and disaster recovery. Always On provides a rich set of options that reduce overhead and resource usage and enable database administrators to implement and manage high availability and disaster recovery solutions far more easily than by implementing the log-shipping and database-mirroring solutions of the past.
Pro SQL Server Always On Availability Groups shows how to reduce downtime, maximize application availability, and provide data protection. The goal is always to have your SQL Server databases up and running whenever you need them, rain or shine, disaster or otherwise. With a focus on real-world experiences and war stories, authors Uttam Parui and Vivek Sanil offer you:
- Tips, tricks, and best practices for architecting and deploying availability groups.
- The confidence required to manage and monitor availability groups.
- Techniques to troubleshoot common issues that you may face during and after deploying availability groups in a mission-critical production environment.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2071-9
- Copyright Information Uttam Parui and Vivek Sanil 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2070-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2071-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site