About this book
This book offers easy-to-understand definitions of cybersecurity technical terminology and hacker jargon related to automated control systems common to buildings, utilities, and industry, and explains the threats and vulnerabilities of critical infrastructure. Although written primarily for building designers and maintenance personnel, much of the terminology applies to cyber-physical attacks in general.
Buildings today are automated because the systems are complicated so we depend on the building controls system (BCS) to operate the equipment. We also depend on a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to keep a record of what was repaired and to schedule required maintenance. SCADA, BCS, and CMMS can all be hacked.
The Cybersecurity Lexicon puts cyber jargon related to building controls all in one place. The book is a handy desk reference for professionals interested in preventing cyber-physical attacks against their facilities in the real world.
Discussion of cybers-physical attacks on automated control systems is clouded by a lack of standard definitions and a general misunderstanding about how bad actors can actually employ cyber technology as a weapon in the real world. The book provides:
- Concepts related to cyber-physical attacks and building hacks are listed alphabetically with text easily searchable by key phrase.
- Definitions of technical terms related to equipment controls common to industry, utilities, and buildings—much of the terminology also applies to cybersecurity in general.
- Book Title Cybersecurity Lexicon
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2068-9
- Copyright Information Luis Ayala 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-2067-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-2068-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 200
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Systems and Data Security
Building Repair and Maintenance
- Buy this book on publisher's site