About this book
Automate your workload and manage more databases and instances with greater ease and efficiency by combining metadata-driven automation with powerful tools like PowerShell and SQL Server Agent. Automate your new instance-builds and use monitoring to drive ongoing automation, with the help of an inventory database and a management data warehouse.
The market has seen a trend towards there being a much smaller ratio of DBAs to SQL Server instances. Automation is the key to responding to this challenge and continuing to run a reliable database platform service. Expert Scripting and Automation for SQL Server DBAs guides you through the process of automating the maintenance of your SQL Server enterprise.
Expert Scripting and Automation for SQL Server DBAs shows how to automate the SQL Server build processes, monitor multiple instances from a single location, and automate routine maintenance tasks throughout your environment. You will also learn how to create automated responses to common or time consuming break/fix scenarios. The book helps you become faster and better at what you do for a living, and thus more valuable in the job market.
- Extensive coverage of automation using PowerShell and T-SQL
- Detailed discussion and examples on metadata-driven automation
- Comprehensive coverage of automated responses to break/fix scenarios
- Book Title Expert Scripting and Automation for SQL Server DBAs
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-1943-0
- Copyright Information Peter A. Carter 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-1942-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-1943-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 284
- Number of Illustrations 5 b/w illustrations, 127 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site