Table of contents
About this book
Your indispensable guide to mastering the efficient use of D3.js in professional-standard data visualization projects. You will learn what data visualization is, how to work with it, and how to think like a D3.js expert, both practically and theoretically.
Practical D3.js does not just show you how to use D3.js, it teaches you how to think like a data scientist and work with the data in the real world. In Part One, you will learn about theories behind data visualization. In Part Two, you will learn how to use D3.js to create the best charts and layouts. Uniquely, this book intertwines the technical details of D3.js with practical topics such as data journalism and the use of open government data.
Written by leading data scientists Tarek Amr and Rayna Stamboliyska, this book is your guide to using D3.js in the real world – add it to your library today.
You Will Learn:
- How to think like a data scientist and present data in the best way
- What structure and design strategies you can use for compelling data visualization
- How to use data binding, animations and events, scales, and color pickers
- How to use shapes, path generators, arcs and polygons
- Book Title Practical D3.js
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-1928-7
- Copyright Information Tarek Amr and Rayna Stamboliyska 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-1927-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-1928-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 167
- Number of Illustrations 14 b/w illustrations, 89 illustrations in colour
The Computer Industry
- Buy this book on publisher's site