About this book
This book reveals the technical challenges and successful implementation details of migrating MSN, Microsoft’s consumer content portal--a business with 450 million worldwide users--into the Cloud. Following a technique long used in aviation, medicine, and other fields, MSN’s Chief Technical Officer, Eric Passmore, describes the set of release, deployment, monitoring, and mitigation checklists used to build cloud services supporting hundreds of millions of users on Azure, Microsoft’s Public Cloud.
An undertaking of this scale--involving services supported by a large team of engineers--involves unique challenges and risks. This book demonstrates through personal experience how to cut through the theory and provides checklists as a surprisingly simple antidote to the competing methodologies.
This book works at two levels.
- At a fundamental level, businesses need to be successful in the cloud if they want to seize new opportunities and transform their business to compete successfully. This book provides a framework for success by identifying the "hidden" work as part of moving to the cloud.
- At a more practical, level there is an incredible hunger for simple to follow, "how-to" information on Cloud migration. This book is a reference guide to reduce risk and achieve success without requiring the busy reader to wade through theory.
It contains simple to follow, "how-to" information on cloud migration. It is a reference guide to achieving success, and any team can modify these tasks to fit the needs of their own organization.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-1873-0
- Copyright Information Eric Passmore 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-1872-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-1873-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site