About this book
One of the hardest parts of game development is actually finishing a game, but it is also one of the most important steps on the way to becoming a game developer. If you have yet to finish a game, this book will give you the confidence and resources you need to finally be able to create your very own RPG. Once you've completed the game in this book, you'll be able to modify it as much as you like, adding new monsters and quests, and you'll have the skills to go on to create your second game all by yourself. Among the topics covered in this book are:
- Creating a special area that allows the player to pick their character of choice instead of being forced to play a particular character.
- Clever uses of events to create items that allow the player to return to town instantly and summon vehicles to their side.
What You'll Learn:
- Create playable characters that have different attributes and play styles.
- Create a wide variety of weapons, armors, and items for the player to purchase, find, and use.
- Design dungeon levels with specific goals in mind.
- Create treasure chests with random contents or contents based on the player’s character.
- Create doors that require keys or puzzles to unlock.
- Create a variety of enemy encounters.
Who This Book is For:
Make a 2D RPG in a Weekend is for anyone who has ever wanted to create a game from scratch. All you need is this book and a copy of RPG Maker MV.
RPG Role-playing Game Game Development RPG Maker MV RPG Maker VX Ace Game Design role playing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-1793-1
- Copyright Information Darrin Perez 2015
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-1792-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-1793-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site