About this book
Create and display interactive graphics, build scenes and animated transitions, make cross-platform, responsive games and applications for multiple screen resolutions, and use Pixi.js’s spectacular WebGL rendering effects. Learn how to create applications for desktop and touch-screen devices, and how to use the best open-source plugins to extend Pixi.js’s capabilities in a myriad of exciting ways.
If you've ever wondered what you need to know to start making games, or what technology you need to build high-performance mobile apps, this book will show you the way. Learn Pixi.js is your one-stop shop for everything you need to know to quickly start making spectacular cross-platform interactive games and animations.
- Take a step-by-step tour of Pixi.js's features by building fun game projects.
- Learn how to use Pixi.js to make richly interactive graphics and all kind of cross-platform applications.
Learn Pixi.js is a fun and practical brief introduction to using the powerful Pixi.js graphics-rendering engine for making websites, games and mobile apps.
- Book Title Learn Pixi.js
- Book Subtitle Create Great Interactive Graphics for Games and the Web
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-1094-9
- Copyright Information Apress 2015
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-1095-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-1094-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVII, 210
- Number of Illustrations 94 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Programming Languages, Compilers, Interpreters
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“It learns you to use the Pixi.js graphic rendering engine by example. … I would like to pay special attention to the introduction, which is really well-written (I enjoyed it) and where you learn how to set the PIXI environment. … If you are looking for a PIXI book, written in a great & easy language with examples – that’s a good match! Enjoy it!” (Vitosh Academy, vitoshacademy.com, December, 2015)