About this book
In 1995 the Handbook of Global Optimization (first volume), edited by R. Horst, and P.M. Pardalos, was published. This second volume of the Handbook of Global Optimization is comprised of chapters dealing with modern approaches to global optimization, including different types of heuristics.
Topics covered in the handbook include various metaheuristics, such as simulated annealing, genetic algorithms, neural networks, taboo search, shake-and-bake methods, and deformation methods. In addition, the book contains chapters on new exact stochastic and deterministic approaches to continuous and mixed-integer global optimization, such as stochastic adaptive search, two-phase methods, branch-and-bound methods with new relaxation and branching strategies, algorithms based on local optimization, and dynamical search. Finally, the book contains chapters on experimental analysis of algorithms and software, test problems, and applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4757-5362-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2002
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-5221-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4757-5362-2
- Series Print ISSN 1571-568X
- Buy this book on publisher's site