About this book
Proceedings of the second conference on Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computing, held June 4-9, 2001 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
The main idea of the conference was to bring together applied mathematicians both from outside academia, as well as experts from other areas (engineering, applied sciences) whose work involves advanced mathematical techniques.
During the meeting there were one complete mini-course, invited presentations, contributed talks and software presentations. A mini-course Schwarz Methods for Partial Differential Equations was given by Prof Marcus Sarkis (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA), and invited presentations were given by active researchers from the fields of numerical linear algebra, computational fluid dynamics , matrix theory and mathematical physics (fluid mechanics and elasticity).
This volume contains the mini-course and review papers by invited speakers (Part I), as well as selected contributed presentations from the field of analysis, numerical mathematics, and engineering applications.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4757-4532-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-306-47426-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-3390-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4757-4532-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 350
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics
Fluid- and Aerodynamics
Mathematics of Computing
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software