About this book
In the last few decades, multiscale algorithms have become a dominant trend in large-scale scientific computation. Researchers have successfully applied these methods to a wide range of simulation and optimization problems. This book gives a general overview of multiscale algorithms; applications to general combinatorial optimization problems such as graph partitioning and the traveling salesman problem; and VLSICAD applications, including circuit partitioning, placement, and VLSI routing. Additional chapters discuss optimization in reconfigurable computing, convergence in multilevel optimization, and model problems with PDE constraints.
Audience: Written at the graduate level, the book is intended for engineers and mathematical and computational scientists studying large-scale optimization in electronic design automation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4757-3748-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-5240-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4757-3748-6
- Series Print ISSN 1388-3011
- Buy this book on publisher's site