About this book
- Book Title Brewing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-0729-1
- Copyright Information Aspen Publishers, Inc. 2001
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN 978-0-306-47274-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4615-0729-1
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages X, 398
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
Praise for the second edition:
"Brewing, Second Edition, presents the subject of brewing science and practice in an easy-to-read format with excellent illustrations and gives a good grounding in the subject. ...an excellent survey of the science and technology of malting and brewing, suitable both for students of biotechnology in general and as a basic reference for anyone in the brewing industry. Overall, ...a useful introductory text for anyone interested in the technical aspects of the brewing process."
(Food Technology, June 2003)
"… these chapters provide a sound basis for the brewing process, with clear expositions of critical steps such as extraction in mashing and metabolism in fermentation."
(American Society of Brewing Chemists Newsletter, 63:2, 2003)
Praise for the first edition:
"This book presents the essentials of brewing science and is a useful guide for students and professional brewers."
(Food Science and Technology Abstracts)
"...an excellent survey of the science and technology of malting and brewing, suitable both for students of biotechnology in general and as an introduction for specialized students of brewing."
(Society for General Microbiology Quarterly)