Table of contents
About this book
Public Health is one of the fastest growing university programs in the United States today. At the same time, the challenges that face the practitioner continue to grow and become more complex. This Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion covers over 100 topics within Public Health, with many subjects ranging from Early Childhood, Childhood, Adolescence, Adulthood and Older Adulthood in their scope.
An international group of contributors synthesize the up-to-date information focusing on improving the physical and mental health of the community as a whole. Each entry is broken down into Introduction, Definition of Terms, Scope, Theories, Empirical Studies, and Strategies. Each entry also looks ahead to the coming decades of Public Health - what are the next steps to primary prevention and health promotion.
This must-have reference work is designed for practitioners, students, theorists, and researchers working in psychology, sociology, social work, nursing and medicine within the realm of Public Health.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-0195-4
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic / Plenum Publishers, New York 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4613-4961-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4615-0195-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site