About this book
A new perspective on brain function depends upon an understanding of the interaction and integration of excitation and inhibition. A recent surge in research activity focused on inhibitory interneurons now makes a more balanced view possible. Technological advances such as improved imaging methods, visualized patch-clamp recording, multiplex single-cell PCR, and gene-targeted deletion or knock-in mice are some of the novel tools featured in this book. This book will provide an integrated view of neuron function, operating in a balanced regime of excitation and inhibition. It is a timely contribution emphasizing how this balance is established, maintained, and modified from the molecular to system levels.
The broad spectrum of topics from molecular to cellular and system/computational neuroscience will appeal to a wide audience of advanced graduate students, post-docs, and faculty. Moreover, this book this book features active young researchers from around the world, who are currently educating the brain scientists of tomorrow.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-0039-1
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4613-4895-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4615-0039-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site