About this book
Advances in social science research methodologies and data analytic methods are changing the way research in information systems is conducted. New developments in statistical software technologies for data mining (DM) such as regression splines or decision tree induction can be used to assist researchers in systematic post-positivist theory testing and development. Established management science techniques like data envelopment analysis (DEA), and value focused thinking (VFT) can be used in combination with traditional statistical analysis and data mining techniques to more effectively explore behavioral questions in information systems research. As adoption and use of these research methods expand, there is growing need for a resource book to assist doctoral students and advanced researchers in understanding their potential to contribute to a broad range of research problems.
Advances in Research Methods for Information Systems Research: Data Mining, Data Envelopment Analysis, Value Focused Thinking focuses on bridging and unifying these three different methodologies in order to bring them together in a unified volume for the information systems community. This book serves as a resource that provides overviews on each method, as well as applications on how they can be employed to address IS research problems. Its goal is to help researchers in their continuous efforts to set the pace for having an appropriate interplay between behavioral research and design science.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Research Methods for Information Systems Research
- Book Subtitle Data Mining, Data Envelopment Analysis, Value Focused Thinking
- Series Title Integrated Series in Information Systems
- Series Abbreviated Title Integrat.Ser.Inform.Syst.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-9463-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-9462-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4899-7833-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-9463-8
- Series ISSN 1571-0270
- Series E-ISSN 2197-7968
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VII, 231
- Number of Illustrations 22 b/w illustrations, 30 illustrations in colour
IT in Business
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
Information Systems and Communication Service
- Buy this book on publisher's site